San Diego pets are invited to participate in the 2021 Rancho Coastal Humane Society's 2nd Annual Rescue Pet Summer Olympics by submitting a video of your pet swimming, doing gymnastics or track & field activities.
While human athletes compete in Tokyo, rescue pets will compete here in the United States. Start “training” your pet now to compete in Swimming, Gymnastics or Track & Field.
RCHS spokesman John Van Zante says, “A cat doing back flips, a dog leaping into a pool and bunnies doing ‘zoomies,’ this is the type of athleticism we’ll see in the Rescue Pet Summer Olympics.”
Send a video of your pet performing (whether on purpose or by accident).
1.Video must be between six and sixty seconds long.
- No prong collars, shock collars or inhumane training techniques.
- No business promotion.
- Only ONE video per category (Swimming, Gymnastics, Track & Field).
- Entries may be used by Rancho Coastal Humane Society.
- Kids may submit, but need parent or guardian approval.
- This is a family-friendly contest.
- Competition is up to your interpretation and your pet’s skill level.
- Have fun!
- Friday, July 23rd is the first day you can enter on our website.
- Wednesday, August 5 at 11:59 Pacific Time is your last chance to enter.
- Entries will be judged by San Diego’s favorite animal lovers on August 6 & 7.
- Winners will be contacted on Saturday, August 8.
- An award ceremony will be held on August 10.
Once again, Petco Love will be our Gold Sponsor, providing lifesaving funds to support RCHS’s pets in need.
Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded in each category. Medal Sponsor is Nick Adamo, your Farmers Insurance Agent. Gold winners will receive gift baskets.
To enter or for more information about Rancho Coastal Humane Society’s Rescue Pet Summer Olympics, log on to SDPets.org/Olympics.
Serving the San Diego County community since 1960, Rancho Coastal Humane Society is dedicated to saving lives of abandoned companion animals, promoting adoption into loving homes and offering education programs and support services that inspire and strengthen the human-animal bond. For more information on pet adoptions and the many resources available for pet parents as well programs for children, please visit SDPets.org.