Nostalgia is a common emotional experience and one of the best ways to indulge in it is by watching movies.
A recent study by Frontier Bundles set out to see which '90s movies have stood the test of time.
Here's how they went about finding data for their study:
"The team at FrontierBundles.com looked at the past year’s search volume (5/18/20 – 5/18/21) for the20 highest-grossing films* from the 1990s. From this data, we determined which 90s movies each state searched for the most."
The comedy grossed $441.3 million becoming the second-highest-grossing film of 1993 worldwide.
Although it recieved mixed reviews at the time, it's now considered a classic and placed 67th in the American Film Institute's "AFI's 100 Years... 100 Laughs" list.
Here are the top five most-searched '90s films in the United States:
- The Lion King- most searched in 18 states
- Mrs. Doubtfire- most searched in 5 states
- Ghost- most searched in 5 states
- Independence Day-most searched in 4 states
- Forrest Gump, Men In Black, Twister- (tied) most searched in 3 states
To see the full study, click here.